Background Image for Header:
Spring 2021 Series
- 01/25/21, Dr. Tim Barfoot, University of Toronto, "Long-Term Navigation, (Where) Can Machine Learning Help?"
- 02/22/21, Dr. Victoria Webster-Wood, Carnegie Mellon University
- 03/08/21, Dr. Joshua Vander Hook, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- 03/15/21, Dr. Soon-Jo Chung, California Institute of Technology
- 03/29/21, Dr. Terry Fong, NASA Ames Research Center
- 04/19/21, Dr. Mykel Kochenderfer, Stanford University
Fall 2020 Series
- 9/08/20, Dr. Luca Carlone, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "Spatial Perception for Robots and Autonomous Vehicles: Certifiable Algorithms and Human-level Understanding"
- 9/22/20, Dr. Peter Stone, University of Texas at Austin, "Efficient Robot Skill Learning: Grounded Simulation Learning and Imitation Learning from Observation"
- 9/29/20, Dr. Jean-Baptiste Mouret, Inria, "Resilient Robots with Data-efficient Reinforcement Learning"
- 10/13/2020, Dr. Geoff Hollinger, Oregon State University, "Marine Robotics: Planning, Decision Making, and Human-Robot Learning"
- 10/20/2020, Dr. Grace Gao, Stanford University, "Trustworthy Autonomous Vehicle Localization with Deep Learning"
- 11/10/2020, Dr. Wei Ren, University of California, Riverside, "Distributed Dynamic State Estimation in Sensor Networks: Consistency, Confidence, and Convergence"
Spring 2020 Series
- 1/16/20, Dr. Kostas Alexis, University of Nevada, Reno, "Field-hardened Robotics Autonomy".
Fall 2019 Series
- 09/10/19, Dr. Michael Kaess, Carnegie Mellon University, “Factor Graphs for Robot Perception”.
- 10/01/19, Dr. Ani Hsieh, University of Pennsylvania, "Creating Intermittently Connected Mobile Robotic Networks: A Dynamical Systems Approach"
- 10/15/19, Dr. Rafael Fierro, University of New Mexico, "Aerial Robots: From Load Transportation to Flying Pendulum"
Spring 2019 Series
- 01/15/19, Dr. Todd Humphreys, University of Texas at Austin, “Deep Urban Unaided Precise GNSS Vehicle Positioning”.
- 02/26/19, Dr. Kenneth Ricks, University of Alabama, “Lessons Learned from Astrobotic in the NASA Robotics Mining Competition”.
- 03/05/19, Dr. David Cappelleri, Purdue University, “Microrobots to Micro Aerial Vehicles: Robots Interacting with the Environment”.
- 03/26/19, Dr. David Wettergreen, Carnegie Mellon University, “Applying Robotics to Scientific Observation and Exploration”.
Fall 2018 Series
- 09/11/18, Dr. John Raquet, Air Force Institute of Technology, “UAVs vs/ Natural Autonomous Vehicles (NAVs) – Are We Closing the Gap?”.
- 10/16/18, Dr. Thomas Howard, University of Rochester, “Learning Adaptive Models for Motion Planning and Human-Robot Interaction”.
- 10/23/18, Dr. Aaron Dollar, Yale University, “Mechanical Intelligence in Robotic Manipulation: Towards Human-level Dexterity in Robotic and Prosthetic Hands”.
- 10/30/18, Dr. Jack Langelaan, Penn State University, “Algorithms, Implementation and Flight Test Results of the AutoSOAR Platform”.
- 11/13/18, Dr. Jingang Yi, Rutgers University, “Modeling and Control of Unstable Physical Human-Machine Interactions”.
- 11/27/18, Dr. Reid Simmons, Carnegie Mellon University, “Robust Autonomy”.